A classic pencil skirt is a staple in every women’s wardrobe. Its a timeless piece that can last you for many years. It’s tasteful, sophisticated and looks great on every woman.
As we are a month into 2016, lets try and revamp your classic pencil skirt and add some texture to your wardrobe through your essential office pieces. Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with a classic black pencil skirt, but times are changing and adding that extra something to your skirt will be worth it.
Be the women at the office who stands out, own your style and be diverse.
1. Adding something as simple as color to your pencil skirt is a great start for a playful look.
2. Velour is a great way to add some sass and texture into your outfit. The body hugging stretchy fit is very flattering for any body type.
3. This rustic look will elevate your old pencil skirt with its soft suede structure. The added slit is bound to make head turns with a classic yet cheeky touch to your ensemble.
4. Let out your inner Coco Chanel with this classic tweed pencil skirt.
5. This stretch fabric has a beautiful curve hugging fit. The sophisticated wrap front slit makes it the ultimate pencil skirt for your office to drinks transition.
6. If you are wanting to keep your traditional black high wasted pencil skirt and just add a little bit of personality to it, this skirt is your go to.
1. Forever 21 Micro-Ribbed Bodycon Skirt, $29
2. Leith Velour Pencil Skirt, on sale for $46, available at Nordstrom’s
3. Alice + Olivia ‘Kori’ Suede Pencil Skirt, $1,332, available at Nordstrom’s
4. Halogen Fringe Detail Tweed Pencil Skirt (Regular & Petite), on sale for $78, available at Nordstrom’s
5. Cupcakes and Cashmere ‘Glenn’ Ponte Wrap Front Skirt, $148, available at Nordstrom’s
6. Le Chateau Ponte High Waist Midi Pencil Skirt, $49
Style Inspiration: Asos Utility D Ring Belt Leather Pencil Skirt
By Jordan Sangster, Vancouver
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the latest fashion jobs, career advice and fashion trends!