For years and years I avoided wearing anything red like the plague because of my complexion, which is inclined towards looking quite pink at the best of times, and even more so after a glass or two of bubbly at a Christmas soiree. Little did I know, that between crimson, scarlet, vermillion and maroon there’s a shade of red for everyone to ignite your passion and heighten your sensuality. Perfect for the holidays, take inspiration from some of the creations below.
1. Chain neckline dress, $89 at Zara
2. Embroidered tulle mini dress by Marchesa Notte, $1070 at Net-A-Porter
3. ASTRO dress, $145 at The Store on Queen
4. Cutout back dress, $37 at Forever XXI
5. Long chiffon dress, $19 at H&M
6. SLOAN cutout sheath, $58 at Banana Republic
7. Sheath dress with embroidered detail by Reem Acra, $2700 at ShopBop
Style inspiration: Street style shot by Nabile Quenum for Vogue.com
By Alyson Linke, @alysonlinke
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the latest fashion jobs, career advice and fashion trends!