It’s late winter, and if you’re feeling the same way I currently am then you may be hitting a bit of a style rut. It can be tough to get creative with your wardrobe when it feels like spring is nowhere in sight, so why not look to street style’s best for some outfit inspiration? The following photos showcase some of New York Fashion Week’s most stylish ladies to help us get through the last weeks of Winter 2018.
- Sticking to shades of neutral greys and blacks, this casual but stylish look would keep you warm on even the toughest days of a Canadian winter. A chunky scarf worn under a plaid coat can get bulky, so counter that with a waist-cinching belt like the woman pictured here (or a belt bag if you’re feeling brave!).
- Some things never go out of style, and this outfit is a great example of those pieces. With wardrobe staples like a simple turtleneck, a pair of black jeans, and a classic camel overcoat, you have an outfit formula that can be worn on repeat for seasons to come. Just add a pair of aviator sunglasses and a red lip, and you’re Fashion Week ready!
- If you’re looking for a way to spice up your winter wardrobe, then a statement coat in a vibrant hue is a great alternative to standard neutral tones. Worn over contrasting colours, this matching coat and handbag combo makes a big impact no matter where you’re heading this winter.
- Berets are definitely having a moment, and this outfit makes a strong case for matching your beret to your other accessories – lips included. Another cozy outfit idea to take from this look? A teddy-bear faux-fur coat truly goes with anything.
- A window-pane plaid can easily be worn to the office throughout the winter, but why not update your suits with edgy accessories? A pair of chunky boots and a colourful bag transform this look from office-ready to cool-girl chic in no time at all.
- Athleisure seems to be here to stay, but Kendall Jenner goes for full glam-leisure in this Adidas tracksuit outfit. To get Kendall’s look, opt for white mules and futuristic shades to make sure that nobody confuses your outfit with gym clothes.
- As we’ve discussed on the Style Nine to Five blog before, Ultraviolet is Pantone’s colour of the year and shades of purple will be seen everywhere. Rather than a deep violet, experiment with pastel shades for a monochromatic look that’s equal parts sweet and stylish.
Main image courtesy of Popsugar
Image 1 courtesy of The Cut
Image 2 courtesy of Fashionista
Image 3 courtesy of The Cut
Image 4 courtesy of Fashionista
Image 5 courtesy of Popsugar
Image 6 courtesy of Vogue
Image 7 courtesy of Essence
By Kate Mendonca, Toronto @kate.mendonca
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the latest fashion jobs, style jobs, retail jobs, career advice and fashion trends!