To me, a white button up is the ultimate staple in masculine dressing. Pairing this versatile item with a pair of shorts adds the perfect touch of femininity. My favourite type of shorts to pair this with are high-waisted cut offs along with some lace up sandals. Messily tuck in the button-up for an undone yet sophisticated look. For a more feminine look, pair a slim-fitting silk dress shirt with shorts in a matching colour. I love to pair navy with navy for this look and top it off with a pair of chunky heels. For an edgier look, I wear my silk black shorts with a sheer black dress shirt and pointed-toe booties. Pairing a dress shirt with shorts is so versatile, and can so easily be changed with a few simple accessories to create an effortless outfit.
1. Pure DKNY Collared Button Down, $283, available at ShopBop
2. ASOS Boyfriend Shirt in Tan Stripe, $54
3. Wilfred Cicot Blouse, $110, available at Aritzia
4. Vintage Cutoff Short, $55, available at Aritzia
5. KATHY Ghillie Pointed Shoes, $141, available at TopShop
6. Halston Heritage Structured Crepe Shorts in Black, $245 USD, available at Bergdorf Goodman
7. For Love and Lemons Sex Kitten Bralette, $95 USD
8. American Apparel Basic Button Up Blouse, $62 USD
By Lindsay Mix, Vancouver (@lindsmix)
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the latest fashion jobs, career advice and fashion trends!