As sad as we are that summer 2016 has come to an end, we can’t help but be excited about everything that comes with fall — watching the leaves change colour, pumpkin spice lattes, apple picking, but most importantly, fall fashion. From slip dresses to military jackets, these are the seven trends we’re looking forward to adding to our repertoire this season.
This fall, the ‘70s favourite fabric will be making a triumphant return this season and were most excited about getting our hands on a pair of velvet booties. This trend is quintessentially modern, and pairs perfectly with everything from dresses to denim.
• 3.1 Phillip Lim Blue Velvet Kyoto Boots, $920, available at SSense
This updated take on an old classic is exactly what you need to revamp your wardrobe. This season, go for a military jacket with intricate detailing in either black or navy and pair it with statement gold jewellery.
• Lauren Ralph Lauren Skirted Wool Blend Military Coat, $439, available at Nordstrom
Elevate your shoe game by opting for a loafer that’s received a much-needed makeover, complete with a statement hue, intricate detailing and a stacked heel.
• Jeffery Campbell ‘Civil’ Pearly Heeled Beaded Tassel Loafer, $240, available at Nordstrom
This year has been the rise of the slip dress and if you haven’t added one of these 90s approved dresses to your repertoire, now is the perfect time. To master this trend this fall, pair a slip dress with a pair of thick knit socks and slides.
• Nasty Gal Delicate Situation Lace Dress, $89, available at Nasty Gal
Kick fall off with a statement bag that has an eye-catching print that can not only double as a day-to-night bag but also a work of art.
• COACH Drifter Mixed Leather Satchel, $620, available at The Bay
Amp up your wardrobe by adding a dress, skirt or blazer in a material that’s anything but ordinary. A luxe fabric can add a dose of glamour to an otherwise traditional piece of clothing.
• Burberry Leather Trim Wool Skirt, $679, available at Nordstrom
This trend is going to be big this season and will be found on everything from shoes, pants and trench coats. Go wild with leopard print this fall and incorporate the eye-catching pattern as much as you can.
• Dries van Noten Panter Leopard-Print Velvet Pants, $635, available at Bergdorf Goodman
By: Ainsley Smith, Toronto, @ainsleysmithy
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the latest fashion jobs, career advice and fashion trends!