While her younger sister Cara has been receiving lots of accolades in the press, British model and it-girl Poppy Delevingne still reigns street style blogs, topping best dressed lists for her impeccable balance of classic style with a bohemian rocker edge. When the 26-year-old BFC ambassador isn’t behind the camera, she’s sitting front row, playing style muse to the likes of Karl Lagerfeld, Marc Jacobs and Matthew Williamson.
Poppy’s looks are quite versatile, but she favours feminine pieces like maxi skirts and billowy blouses, offset by edgier touches of grunge or menswear inspired tailoring. She exudes a quintessentially English appeal, simultaneously rocking a traditional piece, like a Burberry trench with distressed vintage denim, or Converse chucks.
Her casual looks include easy California staples such as lace camisoles and skinny jeans, or blouses and hot pants paired with leather or denim vests and suede booties. Aside from awesome shades, Poppy’s signature blonde locks and long limbs are the perfect accessories to her evolving look. She’s sort of the English antidote to France’s obsession with Isabel Marant, perfecting undone, yet calculated glamour that fellow Brits Alexa Chung and Keira Knightley pull off so well.
1. Boho braided look, Image Courtesy of Vogue.fr
2. Romper with leather bomber jacket, Image Courtesy of Guest of a Guest
3. Camo pants look, Image Courtesy of Company
4. Printed skirt and coat, Image Courtesy of The Telegraph
5. Striped dress, Image Courtesy of Vogue.fr
6. Green blazer and skinnies, Image Courtesy of Vogue.fr
7. Fur look, Image Courtesy of Zimbio
8. Shorts and cardigan, Image Courtesy of Zimbio
By: Ali Leier, Vancouver
You should follow me on Twitter @alileier.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.