As we head into April and warmer temperatures grace us with their presence, we’re feeling motivated and determined to finally crawl out of our winter blues. Spring is the time of the year for growth and rebirth, and that doesn’t just include within our environment; it means us too! Ladies, it’s time to let that skin breathe and opt for shorter lengths to shed some light on your skin.
The great thing about this must-have spring trend is it’s short yet reasonable length that will even be appropriate for the office! The short suit offers a classic tailored look with a modern edge, especially when paired up with other common trends for spring such as bold graphics, pastels, or jewel tones! You can also mix and match tops and bottoms, or create a more eccentric look by mixing contrasting textures.
1. Helmut Lang SS’13 RTW, Image Courtesy of Style.com
2. Tory Burch SS’13 RTW, Image Courtesy of Style.com
3. Jil Sander SS’13 RTW, Image Courtesy of Style.com
4. J. Crew SS’13 RTW, Image Courtesy of Style.com
5. Topshop Mono Floral Shorts, $54
6. Topshop Floral Notch Neck Jacket, $85
7. J. Crew Liberty 3” Chino Short in Chive Floral, $84
8. J. Crew Liberty Quilted Jacket in Chive Floral, $290
9. Theory Noalda Bistretch Shorts, $120, available at Shopbop
10. Theory Lanai Bistretch Blazer, $303, available at Shopbop
11. T By Alexander Wang Pleated Trouser Shorts, $272, Available at Shopbop
12. T By Alexander Wang Boy Blazer, $496, available at Shopbop
By: Jenn McNaughton, Toronto
You should follow me on Twitter @JennMcNaughton.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.