In the spirit of Valentine’s Day this year, nurture a budding spring love affair by falling all over again for my all time favorite trend of the season: pastels! For the past few years we have seen a fresh emergence of chalky colors in denim and I have to say I am not quite over this trend quite yet, in fact it is only becoming more loveable and versatile. Try tone-on-tone muted prints in a fun pedal pusher, paired with pastel florals-of-plenty ripe for the picking on the top-half in a girly cardigan or flowy blouse. If you’re a little reserved and classic in your approach to adding colour into your daily drab, take baby steps in the relationship and try a versatile utility bag for day or a pop of color in a belt or bangles layered up on your wrist. Sometimes all you need is to take a chance on something new to find true love in a new trend!
1. Style Inspiration: Sweet Treats inspire cheeky spring pastel trends this Valentine’s Day, image courtesy of School Time Adventures Blog
2. Le Chateau Flower Print Dress, $169
3. Material Girl Skinny Jeans in Seashell Pink, $30, available at The Bay
4. Versace Floral Print Pant, $790, available at SSENSE
5. H&M Blouse in Mint Green, $30
6. Chloe Paraty Shoulder Bag in Periwinkle Blue, $1950, available at SSENSE
7. Forever 21 Patent Belt in Lemon Zest Yellow, $6
8. Michael Kors Buckle Enamel Bracelet in Turquoise, $95
9. MICHAEL Michael Kors Striped Espadrille, $75
By: Emily Gray, Vancouver
You should follow me on Twitter @litlmissfashn.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.