Fall runways invoked painterly sensibility and dapper dandy with matching prints at the likes of Prada and Marc Jacobs. While Miuccia frequently sets the trendsetter status quo, this printed partnership is here to stay. Just look to Marc Jacobs’ Spring collection for innovation. He adopted the style with mastered double takes on checks and stripes. Don’t fear these brazen and bold prints – try full-on brocade, paisley or geometric numbers in skirts, pants and sweaters. We’ve got you covered head-to-toe with these punchy pieces.
1. Marc Jacobs Spring 2013 Runway, courtesy of Fashionologie
2. Topshop Dandy Wallpaper Blazer and Trousers, £68 and £40
3. J. Crew Windowpane Shirt and Pant, $158 and $450
4. Sandro Vaporuese Snake Print Pant and Blazer, $224 and $396
5. Rag & Bone Hyde Floral Printed Jacket and Trouser, $730, available at Nordstrom
By: Ali Leier, Vancouver
You should follow me on Twitter @alileier.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.