It-girl Alexa Chung rarely takes a sartorial step that the fashion world disapproves of, so when she stepped out in Bella Freud’s slogan sweater Je t’aime Jane at the Annual British Designers Collective last spring, the trend literally went viral. Since then, fashion industry influencers, including front row veterans, street style bloggers and off duty models have all rocked the style for its effortlessly polished appeal. Take a cue from Alexa and offset your knit with a floral skirt for a feminine aesthetic, or top off a pair of skinnies and biker boots for a tougher appeal. See below our chicest picks to take you through the season – I assure you, they speak for themselves.
1. H&M Take A Chance on Love Sweater, $30
2. Bella Freud Je t’aime Jane Sweater, $214, available at Net-A-Porter
3. Markus Lupfer Totes Amaze Sweater, $460, available at Net-A-Porter
4. Topshop Sheep Thrills Sweater, £48
5. Sonia by Sonia Rykiel Intarsia Wool Sweater, $325, available at Net-A-Porter
6. Zoe Karssen Too Much Will Kill Sweatshirt, $119, available at ASOS
By: Ali Leier, Vancouver
You should follow me on Twitter @alileier.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.