Timelessly elegant and sweetly sophisticated lace is one trend that we continue to see receive a contemporary, chic update each new season. Fall 2012 being no exception, designers like Erdem, Jason Wu, and Nanette Lapore re-created classic romantic lace with a twist, mixing the pastel or neon trends from the Spring and Summer in with darker, more prominent fare to reflect the cooler season ahead. A perfect mix of sweet and sexy, this remixed feminine lace gets a touch of bold saturated color to create lust worthy standout style amongst a sea of earthy tones and brooding black. To amp up lace’s modern makeover opt for pieces that are overlaid and appliquéd over top a neutral shade like black, or come in vivid colors and sleek silhouettes for high-fashion style. The end result is lavishly luxe and richly opulent, leaving us to once again covet this new crop of pretty lace pieces.
1. Style Inspiration: Erdem Fall 2012 Ready-to-Wear collection, image courtesy of Style.com
2. Mango Floral Lace Dress, $100
3. Lipsy Lace Front Tee, $35
4. J.Crew Collection Lace Trim Blouse, $260
5. French Connection LFW Lace Dress, $72
6. Topshop Bonded Lace Peplum Top, $28
7. Topshop Lime Lace Peplum Pencil Skirt, $40
8. H&M Knee Length Pencil Skirt, $40
By: Megan Correia, Toronto
You should follow me on Twitter @MeganAlyssaC.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.