Precise pleats are the season’s hottest detail when it comes to playing with easy and luxurious volume. There was monumental movement on the Spring/Summer 2012 runways of Chloé, Prada and Aquilano Rimondi, where shapes skimmed and flowed to create the ultimate feminine silhouette with details of accordion, knife and crystal pleats. The ethereal effect of the perfectly pleated piece adds volume without bulk, so both slight and curvier trendsetters can get a structured, slimming look with strong style content.
Work these pleats into your wardrobe with lightweight fabrics that are cool and breezy to suit the hot summer temperatures. Will you be pretty in pleats this season?
1. Style Inspiration: Prada Spring 2012 Ready-To-Wear collection, image courtesy of Style.com
2. BCBG MaxAzria Edita Pleated Dress, $348 USD
3. J.Crew Pleated Blouson Dress, $350 USD
4. DKNY Pleated Stretch Skirt, $245 USD, available at Net-A-Porter
5. Rare Tie-Back Pleated Dress, 45 Euros, available at Topshop
6. Sparkle & Fade Maxi Pleated Skirt, $59 USD, available at Urban Outfitters
7. Zara Pleated Trousers, $80
By: Megan Correia, Toronto
You should follow me on Twitter @MeganAlyssaC.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.