My style is very feminine, with that said my “go-to” staple is the maxi skirt. It’s my favourite article to wear because wherever I’m going I can dress up my maxi in the snap of a finger. The maxi skirt can take you from day to night and with spring around the corner, what better opportunity do you need to transition into the new season with a skirt? If you’ve never owned a maxi skirt, opt for a solid neutral colour with a high waist; it’s very flattering with a feminine silhouette. For a casual event, my favourite way to wear my maxi skirt is with a simple t-shirt, statement necklace and a fitted leather jacket; it’s effortlessly cool, comfortable and, of course, fashionable. Maxi skirts are so beautiful dressed up, with a beautiful embellished blouse, belt and pumps, you’re sure to be the belle of the ball.
1. Style Inspiration: Ashley Olsen, image courtesy of Bailey Valente
2. Free People Sahaying Slub Skirt, $72, available at Shopbop
3. Style Inspiration: Jessica Alba, image courtesy of Dress Me News
4. H&M Skirt, $40
5. Style Inspiration: Sarah Jessica Parker, image courtesy of Because I’m Fabulous
6. Enza Costa Chiffon Pleated Maxi Skirt, $292, available at Shopbop
By: Michelle Morton, Vancouver
You should follow me on Twitter @MichelleEMorton.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.