Spring runways saw an array of cutouts this season, baring midriffs, shoulders, and lower backs at the likes of Charlotte Ronson, Balenciaga and Alexander Wang. The style showcases subtle pieces of skin through mesh knits, loose silks and sheer overlays: see Ronson’s breezy surfer inspired collection below. To get the look, imbue your wardrobe with soft pieces like this flirty dress from Suno, or Nasty Gal’s relaxed knit sweater. Even accessories have taken to the trend, especially on shoes. I love Elizabeth and James’ cutout booties for summer – they will look great paired with shorts, white jeans or sundresses.
1. Style Inspiration: Charlotte Ronson Spring Summer 2013 Collection, via Style.com
2. ASOS Cut Out Side Dress, $91
3. Wilfred Filles Blouse, $95, available at Aritzia
4. ASOS Dip Dye Shirt, $63
5. Suno Dress, $450, available at Net-A-Porter
6. Jeffrey Campbell Ivy Sandal, $152, Available at Free People
7. Elizabeth and James Booties, $346, Available at Shopbop
8. ASOS Maxi Dress, $49
9. Nasty Gal Cold Curves Knit, $66
By: Ali Leier, Vancouver
You should follow me on Twitter @alileier.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.