Like many others, I love and look forward to the holidays. I love cocoa by the fire, spending time with family, and expanding my waist-size with hearty helpings of turkey. One of my favourite parts of the holiday season though has always been the playful and silly fashion that comes along with it. I believe that you should always have fun with your style, but during the holidays I really play it up with goofy pieces like a turkey printed sweater or moose printed pajamas.
UGLY SWEATER GOES PLAYFULLY PRETTY:
Just because you rock a so-called “ugly sweater” doesn’t mean you have to look just as silly! Pair it with a cute pair of cords, some cranberry toned heels, and bold statement earrings for a playfully look.
CUTE IN CRANBERRY
In my opinion, you just can’t go wrong with rich cranberry tones during the holiday season. Cranberry, burgundy and crimson all have such a festively warm air to them and they pair perfectly with other autumnal colour’s like olive greens, burnt oranges and golden yellows.
• Jimmy Crystal Principessa Ring, $88.00, available at Max and Chloe
• Margaret Elizabeth Burgundy Flower Drops, $46.00, available at Rent the Runway
• Fergie Rina Bootie, $49.94, available at DSW
• Bodycon Woolen Dress,$44.00, available at Chicnova
• Chanel Vintage flower bead earrings, $728.67, available at Far Fetch
• Elvin, $99.99, available at Vince Camuto
• Halle Mid Rise Super Skinny Corduroy Womens Pants, $179.00, available at True Religion
• Ugly Thanksgiving Party Sweater “Gobble Gobble Sweater”, $33.50, Etsy
Are you an employer? Post your fashion job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the latest fashion jobs, career advice and fashion trends!