Whenever I am sprawled out on a comfy hammock-esque sun-chair I always make sure to have a few things within reaching distance: sunscreen, a wide brim hat, big sunglasses, comfortable sandals, and a beach cover-up. The importance of a great cover-up stretches past just looking stylish while lounging poolside; it’s also a necessity on those mega hot days which leave a brutal burn rather than a healthy glow.
Once upon a time, finding a beach cover-up was quite a feat. It seemed like there were only a few simple options out there that either were too billowy, covered too much, or covered too little; but now it seems everywhere I turn I can easily spot an endless amount of options such as robe cover-ups, dress-fit, and even light sheer shorts.
1. Lisa Marie Fernandez Lauren Flounce Bikini, $400, available at Moda Operandi
2. H&M Beach Shorts – Apricot/Patterned – Ladies, $12.95
3. 6 Shore Road Carnival Beach Cover Up, $135.00, available at SHOPBOP
4. Echo Women’s Bold-Stripe Floppy Hat, $42 $28.35–31.50, available on Amazon
5. Illesteva Leonard round-frame acetate sunglasses, $180, available at Net-A-Porter
6. Tom Ford Malin Cat-Eye Sunglasses, Havana, $390, available at Neiman Marcus
7. Ivanka Trump Alexis Beach Bag Stripe, $150 $69.99, available at 6PM.com
8. ete Swim Roman Striped Bikini, $225, available at Moda Operandi
Beach Boogie Dress, $59.99 $29.99, available at ModCloth
Are you an employer? Post your fashion job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.