|Date Posted||Feb 27, 2019|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Salary: $90,000.00 - $130,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (5243)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Who we are
Lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team
The Senior Engineered Knit Design role sits within the Concept Design Org. Our goal is to elevate the Lululemon product with a focus on the art and the science of engineered knit to create a compelling consumer experience at retail. This team will drive engineered knit excellence through the connection of design, development and manufacturing.
A day in the life:
· Concept Engineered knit expert.
· Well informed of current colour trends, art, fashion, design and sport related products through market research to keep ahead of consumer needs.
· Drives the category engineered knit direction, strategy and application.
· Influences the global seasonal knit aesthetic and new techniques based on category insights and forecasts.
· Experience in advanced knit technology and knows how to create intricate engineered designs on Lululemon women’s and men’s knit product.
· Continuously advances product process and design skills, keeping abreast of technology, reflective of an expert design professional.
· Collaborates with x-functional teams; merchandising, product design and development, and fellow concept designers in print and textures, to bring the seasonal design direction to life.
· Builds and presents a compelling narrative and inspiring seasonal knit direction, to varying audiences.
· Could mentor and coach more aspiring knit designers.
· BA, BFA or BS in Design required, MA desired.
· 6+ years fluent in Adobe suite, Photo shop, Illustrator and Indesign.
· 8+ years of knowledge and expertise designing engineered knits for the fashion/athleisure apparel industry
· 4+ years experience working with advanced knit technology, engineered knits, seamless and warp knit machinery for the apparel/fashion industry.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.