|Date Posted||Mar 06, 2019|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Salary: $100,000.00 - $130,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (6233)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Who we are
Lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team
Reporting directly to the Director of Planning, the Manager of Planning will be responsible for a team of planners and associate planners, ensuring consistent execution of category open to buy plans. You will be the key in coordinating category, country and channel level analytics to ensure we optimize performance across all merchandising categories.
As a manager, this role will ensure understanding and compliance with Company and departmental policies/procedures and internal controls
Teamwork and clear communication are essential. You are a leader on the cross functional team collaborating with merchandising, allocations and sourcing. You have razor sharp attention to detail, are able to think big picture, and you challenge your team with strategic questions,.
A day in the life:
• Develop, communicate and execute merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of the brand
• Drive financial results that maximize sales, inventory and bottom line profitability
• Direct the development of pre-season sales, gross margin and inventory plans that support product strategies
• Prepare and participate in Merchandise Review meetings
• Oversee the development, analysis, and revision of category assortment plans for sales, margin realization, inventory and profit (tops down and bottoms up).
• Direct the financial success of the brand by meeting sales, comp, gross margin, maintained margin and inventory turn goals
• Recommend seasonal merchandise flow strategies that maximize sales, profitability and customer expectations
• Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities to business and recommend strategies to achieve financial goals
• Direct the partnership between planning and merchandising to develop and approve category assortment plans for season and analyze product history and current trends
• Provide support to Merchandising to actively manage product assortment throughout season (inventory, MDs, etc.)
• College certificate or University degree is required
• 5+ years merchandise planning experience in the apparel industry for a vertical retailer
• 2+ years experience managing one or more direct reports
• Previous experience with merchandise and planning systems.
• Expert knowledge of Excel is required.
• Excellent team player as well as the ability to work independently.
• Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
• Extremely organized, thorough and able to prioritize
• Detail orientated
• Strong ability to see the merchandise vision and translate the vision into viable plans.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses