|Date Posted||Mar 22, 2019|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Salary: $70,000.00 - $100,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (5243)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team
The Textile Designer role sits within the Concept Design Org. Our goal is to elevate the Lululemon product by creating unique and original artworks by hand. Our team will drive excellence in print and texture through the connection of design, development and merchandising.
A day in the life:
* Under the mentorship of the Design Director, the designer will create jacquard artworks for
Woven and Knitted substrates for Men's, Women's and Accessories seasonal collections.
* Innovate through aesthetic and craft, authentic original art to be translated into yarn dye patterns and textures.
* Work cross functionally with product design, product development and our raw material partners to innovate new ideas and ensure the designs meet technical standards.
* The designer has a passion for style and function, is aware and ahead of trends and has knowledge of the market we play in.
* BA, BFA or BS in Textile design or similar
* 4-6 Years design/product experience in the fashion/athleisure apparel industry
* Minimum 4 years experience in colour/trend/textile design
* Experience working in a global and/or vertical retail brand
* Ability to create jacquard artworks for woven and knitted substrates
* Must be fluent in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
* Must be able to create repeat artworks
* Good Understanding of different weaving and knitting techniques, fabrics and garment construction
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.