|February 1, 2024
Power of my People is a small local clothing e-commerce co. that specializes in women’s button-up shirts and other high quality and timeless pieces. We take pride in the quality of our garments from fabric to finished product, and making sure our customers have the best experience possible. We’re inspired by vintage workwear and ivy league menswear, Japanese style magazines and modern minimalism. Our studio is small and we like to keep a relaxed atmosphere while we work.
We are seeking a part-time studio assistant to support our small team and operations of our studio. This position would be perfect for a driven post secondary student or grad of apparel production or design. This is a paid position, 15 hrs per week on average, with the option for more hours during busy periods. Hours are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 9.30am-2.30pm(ish). We’re located in Burnaby near Lake City Way station. Street parking also available. Start date: Mid February 2024. Hourly wage between $17-$18 per hour, dependent on applicants experience and skills.
The studio assistant will support the owner in the daily operations of the business, including, but not limited to:
• Fulfilling online and wholesale orders
• Counting and organizing labels and trims for production orders
• Assisting with the preparation of production documents such as size breakdowns and fabric and trims sheets
• Assisting with the preparation for seasonal photo shoots: steaming garments, quality checking photo samples, organizing accessories, etc.
• Assisting at photo shoots: steaming garments, dressing models, organizing accessories, timing outfits, etc.
• Customer service correspondence via email and live chat
• Inventory counts and organization of products and trims
• Assisting with sample making - cutting patterns, sewing if able
• Carrying out quality checks on inventory at our production facility in Richmond (2-4 times per year).
• Processing returns and samples.
• Extremely detail oriented
• Fluent with basic spreadsheets and computers (Mac)
• Precise with scissors (quality checking, pattern cutting)
• Experience with ironing and steaming garments
• Basic sewing skills (intermediate or advanced sewing a plus)
• Adobe Illustrator and Lightroom experience a plus
If interested email your resume to email@example.com