They are looking to recruit a Design Assistant ready to take on a great role within our Design team. You will be self-motivated and love to create, not only beautiful designs but also build a cohesive brand story from start to finish. You will have the support of the full Design team including the Founder and Creative Director, Art Director, Sales Team, and Operations to help you reach these goals.
Founded by Miriam Alden in early 2014, Brunette the Label is a clothing brand based in Vancouver, BC Canada. All of our products are passionately designed in Canada. We believe the word “babe” to be a way of life, and strive to create a community that is inclusive of all babes. Inspiring, strengthening, and elevating each other to be the best version of ourselves. Heading into the next stage of growth, we are ready to grow our design department.
Designer Assistant – Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Vancouver (Please note, this is not a remote position)
You will be highly organized, results-driven, adhere to deadlines, strive for the highest quality standards for the brand, and enjoy getting on with the task at hand in a supportive and friendly environment.
This role would best suit a creative that is highly organized, good at working independently, result-driven, adheres to deadlines, multitasker that strives for the highest standard, and design detail.
Read about the Fashion Designer Assistant Responsibilities and Requirements below.
View this post on Instagram
• Creating unique and creative design concepts for seasonal collections.
• Developing technical drawings in line with range plans and brand strategy
• Creating and collaborating on detailed spec sheets with sketches for production
• Creating graphics and artwork for garment ranges
• Work with the production team to execute designs from sampling to bulk production
• Creating Range books and any additional selling tools required.
• Experience in the fashion industry is a plus
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong understanding of garment construction, fitting, and finishes
• Adept skills in Photoshop & Illustrator
• Technical drawing ability on Illustrator
• Adept skills in putting together Tech Packs for factories
• Strong time management skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team and with the directors
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who would love the opportunity of assisting to bring a new brand to life and enjoys working in a fast-paced fashion environment.
We are looking for a long – term team member looking to grow within the role. Must be friendly, passionate, and with a positive can-do attitude to match Brunette’s values system.