Move over, stilettos! The arty block heel is the newest must-have item for every shoe connoisseur. During fall/winter 2015 fashion month, editors, bloggers and style obsessed Instagrammers were all talking about these eccentric heels, and with good reason—they’re absolutely gorgeous. With their sculptural and whimsical elements, this season’s block heels can give your outfit a much-needed boost of creativity, especially if you’ve fallen into a winter style rut. Despite their aesthetic appeal, the true beauty of the block heel is that it’s actually a quite practical shoe (no, I’m not kidding). Due to the chunky heel, these shoes are both comfortable and sturdy, which is a blessing when you’re walking on slush-covered sidewalks or doing the Whip/Nae Nae a little too hard on the dance floor. Here are a few drool-worthy arty block heels that will get you to give your stilettos a well-deserved break this winter.
1. B Brian Atwood Karina Heels, $180, available at Hudson’s Bay
2. gx by Gwen Stefani Madison Sandal, $151, available at Nordstrom
3. Miista Ryan, $199, available at Capezio
4. Nicholas Kirkwood Carnaby Prism Patent-Leather Pumps, $290USD, available at NET-A-PORTER
5. Rochas Furry Chunky Heel Pumps, $512, available at Farfetch
6. Acne Odessa Stretch, $690
7. Jeffrey Campbell Sayer Leather Loafers, $234, available at Nasty Gal
8. Kate Spade Dawson Too Block Heel Pumps, $471, available at Shopbop
Style Inspiration image courtesy of Roberto Cavalli
By Sasha Smith, Toronto
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the latest fashion jobs, career advice and fashion trends!