As we enter the cooler months, comfort and warmth at work become increasingly important! The poncho trend we are seeing this season can be very casual but is also easily dressed up for work or a night out with friends. At the office, I love to layer an oversized poncho with my favourite midi skirt. An interesting shoe keeps this look stylish yet functional. I also love to pair this cozy top with a pair of tailored trousers. Since the top is more casual, it is important to keep the rest of your look tailored and professional with accessories. A chunky poncho paired with the right bottoms and accessories can allow for the ultimate comfort at work.
1. Halston Heritage Mock-Neck Ribbed Poncho, $375 USD, available at Bergdorf Goodman
2. Pixie Market Green Plaid Cape, $78 USD
3. Zara Striped Ponch, $70 CAD
4. Community Tyana Poncho, $145, available at Aritzia
5. Club Monaco Nella Contrast Poncho, $279
6. Oasis High Neck Poncho, $81 CAD, available at ASOS
By Lindsay Mix, Toronto (@lindsmix)
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the latest fashion jobs, career advice and fashion trends!