A good pair of black pointed-toe pumps is a wardrobe staple. While this shoe can be worn any time of year with almost anything, certain styles are more appropriate for various occasions. For office wear, I love a great pair of pointed toe mules like the Schutz pair pictured. These are professional but also interesting and add some excitement into a conservative office outfit. A simpler pair of black pointed toe pumps (see Head Over Heels pair pictured) is better paired with dark jeans and a casual t-shirt or sweater to amplify the look. Lastly, I like to add some edge to a more feminine look like a dress or flowy skirt with a pair of black pumps like the TopShop or Valentino pairs pictured. This little touch adds an unexpected element to more girly attire. While these options are how I like to wear my pointed black pumps, the beauty of this shoe is its versatility, so choose a pair that goes with your personal style!
1. Carvela Autumn Asymmetric Strap Heeled Shoes, $239.80, available at ASOS
2. Head Over Heels Callina Black Point Toe Two Part Heeled Shoes, $85.02, available at ASOS
3. Zara Combined Heel Strappy Shoe, $50
4. TopShop GILLIAN Ghillie Court Shoes, $140
5. SchutzQuereda Suede Mules, $238, available at ShopBop
6. Valentino Lacquered Rockstud Leather Pump, $1,145 USD, available at Bergdorf Goodman
By Lindsay Mix, Vancouver @lindsmix
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the latest fashion jobs, career advice and fashion trends!