Fall is a beautiful time of year and though it’s one of my favourite seasons, it can also be a little chilly! Investing in a few key pieces is the best way to make the most your current wardrobe and transition your pieces into the fall season. These are my top 7 must-have items for fall:
1. A COZY JACKET: More than anything else, a coat is an item to invest in each fall. Keep all those pesky fall colds away by bundling up a cozy jacket like this pretty pink one from Missguided.
2. ANKLE BOOTS: Keep comfortably on trend during the fall season with a great pair of ankle boots! These — ones from Aldo are not only stunningly stylish, they’re also practical and totally affordable!
3. A KNIT SCARF: During the fall and winter months I am rarely without a knit scarf, aside from them being one of my main “statement” pieces during the cooler months, they also keep me comfortably warm even on the coolest of days.
4. A PULLOVER SWEATER: Just like a cozy jacket, a heavy knit pullover is a staple piece during the cooler months. They layer adorably over button-down shirts and dresses to create stylishly cozy looks.
5. JEANS: During the fall and winter months I basically live in denim. I love layering up my favourite pair of denim with cozy knit sweaters, ankle boots, and knit socks to achieve that uber cozy comfy look.
6. RAINBOOTS: If you live in Vancouver, or heck – anywhere really in Canada, then chances are you’ve seen some rain (or snow) in your time. Wet shoes are the absolute worst which is why I’ve wised up to the idea of rainboots being a fall essential. Say goodbye to those dreaded cold toes!
7. UMBRELLA: Just like rainboots, an umbrella is an essential item if you’re looking to keep dry this fall. Since there are so many adorable options out there now, an umbrella is more like an accessory nowadays than a boring item you just need – I mean, just check out this Hudon’s Bay one available at Lord and Taylor!
HUDSON’S BAY Mini Umbrella, $20.00, available Lord and Taylor
MICHAEL Michael Kors “Fulton” Harness Rainboot, $125.00, available at Bon Ton
Current/Elliott The High Waist Skinny Jeans Blue, $198.00, available at Moda Operandi
Acne Studios shelby cotton pullover, $125.00, available at La Graconne
Genie by Eugenia Kim Dakota, $100.00, available at Piperlime
Aldo Boots “Cher”, $140.00
Lena Cocoon Coat Pink, $75.98, available at Missguided
Are you an employer? Post your fashion job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the latest fashion jobs, career advice and fashion trends!