A classic staple in almost everyone’s closet is a nice button-down. Long sleeves or short, printed or solid, there is probably a button-down blouse laying around somewhere in your closet, waiting to be picked up. It is the sheer simplicity that provides us with so much freedom to create an outfit that makes a statement.
When it comes to deciding what to wear with a white-collared shirt, there’s really no rules or boundaries. All you need is creativity. For work, you want something that looks polished, yet still shows off your style. As the temperature drops, a blazer, dark skinny jeans, belt and a chunky necklace will not fail you. During a casual day, opt for a looser alternative over boyfriend jeans and a pop of colour, such as a bright handbag to amp up your look. For a more sultry effect, undo a couple of buttons and pair with a high-waisted pencil skirt to balance the exposed top. No matter what the occasion is, a white button-down serves as a canvas to express your own style, take advantage of it!
1. Women Oxford Long Sleeve Shirt, $32, available at UNIQLO
2. J Brand skinny fit jeans, $340, available at SHOPMRSH
3. River Island collarless jacket, $91
4. Zara rhinestone necklace, $65
5. Calvin Klein belt, $22, available at 6pm
6. Black high heel shoes, $835, available at YOUHESHE
7. Topshop top, $63, available at Nordstrom
8. River Island destructed jeans, $72
9. Melanie Auld tiered necklace, $180, available at Revolve Clothing
10. Michael Kors green cross-body, $470, available at Lane Crawford
11. Faux leather strap cord wedges, $30, available at Wet Seal
12. White button blouse, 38 CAD, available at Mod Cloth
13. Bailey 44 black pencil skirt, 355 CAD, available at Intermix
14. American Eagle Outfitters convertible bra, 22 CAD
15. Chanel vintage purse, 1,810 CAD, available at YOUHESHE
By: Rubi Samano, writer of styleonpoint | @rubisamano
Are you an employer? Post your fashion job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the latest fashion jobs, career advice and fashion trends!