90’s fashion has had a major impact on this season’s fashion trends in so many different ways. Something from this era that keeps popping up on the runway is the holographic trend of iridescence. Whether it’s a high sheen or subtle accent, this is a great style to add to your summer wardrobe. Wondering how to rock iridescence this season? Here are a few different ways to try this new trend.
If you’re looking to make a statement this season, make an iridescent piece the focus of your outfit. Whether it’s a gorgeous dress or incredible jacket, stand out from the crowd with a sheen that is sure to turn heads. Even though it is a bold statement, iridescent pieces are actually quite versatile, as they go with any colour in your closet.
If you really like this look but want to go for a subtler version, there are so many great iridescent accessories on the market this spring. One of my favourite ways to experiment with this trend is with a holographic clutch, this way you can add an edge to any outfit without making it the focal point.
1. MyTheresa Saint Laurent Metallic-Leather Biker Jacket, $5,203
2. Moda Operandi Vika Gazinskaya Metallic Polka-Dot Cropped Top, $1,290
3. Net-A-Porter Peter Pilotto Metallic Jacquard Circle Skirt, $1,560
4. Style Bop Marc By Marc Jacobs Metallic Leather Coat, $2,370
5. Net-A-Porter 3.1 Phillip Lim 31 Minute Irridescent Textured-Leather Clutch, $425
6. Bergdorf Goodman Sophia Webster Leah Iridescent Bow Sandal, $460
7. Nasty Gal Jeffrey Campbell Sturgis Harness Boot, $212
8. OverStock Sweet Romance Tropical Irridescent Glass Earrings, $36
By: Kelly Stewart, Toronto