One of the most fun and exciting television events every year is watching Hollywood’s most talented stars walking the Oscars red carpet in glamorous gowns that viewers at home can only dream about wearing. We can, however, use our favourite looks from the Academy Awards as inspiration for occasions when a party dress is in need! Whether it’s the colour you fell in love with, like Nairobi blue on Lupita, or the intricate lace detailing Portia de Rossi chose, here are six cocktail dresses inspired by some of the best dressed of the evening this year:
Style Inspiration: Portia De Rossi arrives at 86th Academy Awards, image courtesy of ABC News
1. J.Crew Pamela Dress in Leavers Lace, $318 USD (available July 2014)
Style Inspiration: Jennifer Lawrence Wows in Red Dior Gown on 2014 Oscars Red Carpet, image courtesy of US Weekly
2. Diane Von Furstenberg Bevin Dress, $480, available at MATCHESFASHION.COM
Style Inspiration: Lupita Nyong’o on the Oscar’s Red Carpet, image courtesy of Glamour
3. Ted Baker Nistee Side Pleat Skater Dress, £129, available at John Lewis
Style Inspiration: Kelly Ripa – Top 10 Oscars 2014, image courtesy of Hollywood PQ
4. Cédric Charlier Oversized Piqué Dress, $890 USD, available at Net-a-Porter
Style Inspiration: Charlize Theron – Oscars 2014 Red Carpet, image courtesy of Just Curious
5. Helmut Lang Mesh-Trimmed Stretch-Jersey Mini Dress, $387 USD, available at Net-a-Porter
Style Inspiration: Sandra Bullock – Best Oscar Dresses, image courtesy of Sparkles and Shoes
6. J.Crew Carson Dress in Silk Dupioni, $310 USD
By: Liz Doré, Toronto ON
Are you an employer? Post your fashion job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.