A few looks come to mind when I think of a PR Executive’s wardrobe. There’s a wide range of inspiration from the very fun but occasionally too sexy look of favourite fictional PR maven Samantha Jones, or the ultra serious all black style real life Fashion Publicist Kelly Cutrone prefers. For this guide on what to wear, I thought I’d aim to hit a middle ground between trendy and timeless:
First things first, anyone in nearly every industry should have a perfectly tailored suit in their wardrobe for important meetings and events. The only difference here is that you should seek a fit that is more fashion-forward yet still professional. These ankle length pants by Canadian label Judith & Charles are made of a luxe fabric and will let you show off a great pair of heels.
1. Rag & Bone Jett Blazer, $561.01, available at SHOPBOP
2. Judith & Charles Prince Pant, $250
Once you’ve established a beautiful suit as your base, you can add accessories to give your office look more personality. Clients will perceive you as looking perfectly polished, but when they catch a glimpse of your fantastic shoes, your individuality will shine through as well.
3. GiGi New York Embossed Python Leather iPad case, $135 USD
4. Fendi Leather Pumps, $681 USD, available at NET-A-PORTER
5. Theodora & Callum Navy Multi Luxor Tie All Scarf, $175 USD
Since you don’t need to wear a suit five days a week in the PR world, graphic prints and clever cuts will elevate the classic pencil skirt and blouse combo to a whole new level. Stocking up on a few easy blouses will help make dressing in the morning a simpler task on days when you’re rushing out the door!
6. Club Monaco Danton Calf Hair Skirt, $395 USD
7. Gap New Tailored Shirt in Navy & White Stripe, $54.95
A gorgeous bag that is large enough to tote around all the daily necessities like your iPad and a flat pair of shoes is a necessity for city commuters. Investing in a leather option is wise as it’ll be tough enough to carry heavier weights and survive daily rides on the subway. Finally, finish off your look yet again with some unique accessories and you’re ready to go!
8. Rebecca Minkoff Dylan Tote in Sapphire, $340, available at eLUXE
9. Warby Parker Winston Frames in Old Fashioned Fade, $120
10. Bauble Bar Navy Sorceress Cuff Bracelet, $34 USD
By: Liz Doré, Toronto
Are you an employer? Post your fashion job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.