The New Year represents a fresh start in your life, and your closet. Although we’re still shielding ourselves from the cold winter air, I’m already starting to look to Spring/Summer 2014 runway trends for wardrobe inspiration. There is nothing wrong with incorporating a little colour into your winter ensembles to help you transition from one season to the next so here are my top picks for 2014 style trends. Pastels were huge in 2013 and have made an appearance on various S/S 2014 runways including Jason Wu and Prabal Gurung. The best thing about these soft shades is that the compliment almost every skin tone in a soft, subtle way. Try accessorizing with a few soft pieces during the winter months, before fully immersing yourself in a pastel wardrobe. Tired of the skinny jeans and leggings? Take a cue from BCBG MaxAzria and rock some wide-leg trousers. This retro trend can be dressed up or down, the perfect garment for work and play. Looking for something a little more feminine? Try a tea length skirt, a playful piece that falls in between a midi and a maxi. Pair it with a cropped top for a sexy yet elegant look. There you have it, my top three trends for 2014, agree with me? Disagree? Let us know.
1. Jason Wu Spring/Summer 2014 runway, Image courtesy of TheFashionlish blog
2. Prabal Gurug Spring/Summer 2014 runway, Image courtesy of Style.com
3. Trina Turk Spring/Summer 2014 runway, Image courtesy of Vogue
4. BCBG Maz Azria Spring/Summer 2014, Image courtesy of The Fashionlish
5. Alice + Olivia Spring/Summer 2014, Image courtesy of Style.com
6. Christian Siriano Spring/Summer 2014, Image courtesy of fashiontographer.com
By: Layan Barakat
Are you an employer? Post your fashion job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.