Coming from a season showered with primary colours, neon’s and pastels, we’re forced to take a look at the colour wheel again to narrow down the shades of Fall 2013. Colours set the tone for the whole season itself, sure it may be getting dreary and dark outside, but theres no reason for your closet to jump on that bandwagon. Looking back at the Fall/Winter 2013 runway shows, we saw colours from all ends of the spectrum for both mens and womens fashion. Monochromatic blacks and whites were mixed in with pinks, reds and blues. Last spring, I predicted 2013 to be the year of colour and I guess I was right. Designers have been incorporating different hues into all of their lines allowing us to mix, match and colour block. So what colours should you be looking to add to your wardrobe? Draw inspiration from Prada, Michael Kors or Valentino who featured an array of pinks, oranges and cobalt blues. Stand out in the crowd this season with bright shades that will grab everyone’s attention.
1. Prada Fall/Winter 2013 runway photo courtesy of Style.com
2. Miu Miu Fall/Winter 2013 runway photo courtesy of fabsugar
3. Oscar de la Renta Fall/Winter 2013 runway photo courtesy of fabsugar
4. Milly Fall/Winter 2013 runway photo courtesy of fabsugar
5. Vera Wang Fall/Winter 2013 runway photo courtesy of fabsugar
6. Paul and Joe Fall/Winter 2013 runway photo courtesy of fabsugar
By: Layan Barakat
Are you an employer? Post your fashion job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.