Lucite, a clear plastic material, has been seen walking its way up into even the top designers runway shows, ranking it one of the biggest trends for 2013. From clutches and platforms, to bangles and belts, lucite is being used on and throughout just about every accent piece you could think of! It’s minimalistic and elegant, contributing a sense of glamour and class to even the most understated look. The transparency is enduring, without baring it all. If you’re not comfortable flaunting a solely lucite piece, exposing more than a glimpse of your rather personal side, opt for pieces with more subdued see-through shapes or accents. The classic black pump with a lucite heel is the perfect combination of femininity and edge, or a lucite boot worn with frilled ankle socks would be sassy and sweet. Regardless of whether you venture out of your comfort zone or not, this trend brings the freshness of spring offering a versatile lightness.
1. Jeffrey Campbell Soiree Platform, $123, available at Nasty Gal
2. Jeffrey Campbell Clear Platform in Beige, $123, available at Miss KL
3. Vince Camuto Lucite Bangle, $98, available at DJ Premium
4. Luminous Cuff, 41, available at Nasty Gal
5. Maison Martin Margiela Faux Diamond Ring Set, $464, available at Shopbop
6. Topshop Metal Arm Round Sunglasses, $25
7. CC Skye Bright Love Lucite Clutch, $269, available at Shopbop
8. Lena Erziak Silver Star Gustave Box Clutch, $1,300, available at Avenue32
By: Jenn McNaughton, Toronto
You should follow me on Twitter @jennmcnaughton.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.