These swimwear sensations take style spotting straight off the runway and onto the beach. Just add water to take the plunge into the hottest trends of the season.
Animal Instinct: Use your animal instinct and show off your wild side while soaking up the sun in a safari print swimsuit. This exotic Emilio Pucci one-piece is sure to make a splash with its ultra-flattering knot and ruching effect.
In Bloom: Spring into the season with fresh florals. A vintage pin-up cut suit gives an ode to the retro revolution on the runway. Mixing both retro and floral print adds a flirty, feminine touch, which encompasses this vintage trend. The retro revolution translates into the realm of swimwear with a balconette bra and high waisted briefs’, providing an instant tummy tuck for your beach bod and enhances your curves in all the right places.
High Tide: Take a dip into the scuba trend. As the seaon’s swimwear uniform, scuba style is evenly matched as a sporty and sexy minimalistic suit statement. This figure hugging suit is sure to help you ride out the waves of summer, after all no one sports neoprene quite like Lisa Marie Fernandez.
Banded Beauty: Strap into body-con for the ultimate sultry swimsuit. The key to wearing this suit is all about the fit. Buy it too tight and you’re certain to get spillage, buy too lose and risk having it swept off in the ocean. Remember comfort and style can be synonymous.
Which swimwear trends will you be making a splash in?
1. Style Inspiration: Michael Kors Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear collection, image courtesy of Style.com
2. Emilio Pucci Plunge-Front Halterneck Swimsuit, $595 USD, available at Net-A-Porter
3. Style Inspiration: Willow Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear collection, image courtesy of Style.com
4. D&G Tropical Print Swimsuit, $270, available at ASOS
5. Style Inspiration: DKNY Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear collection, image courtesy of Style.com
6. Anthropologie Seafolly Retro Poppy Bikini, top and bottom separate, $78 each
7. Style Inspiration: Peter Pilotto Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear collection, image courtesy of Style.com
8. Lisa Marie Fernandez “Lauren” Bandeau Bikini, $345 USD
9. Style Inspiration: Ohne Titel Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear collection, image courtesy of Style.com
10. Hervé Léger Stretch-Bandage Double-Strap Bikini, $580 USD, available at Net-A-Porter
By: Megan Correia, Toronto
You should follow me on Twitter @MeganAlyssaC.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.