Finding fashion inspiration in the dark days of winter is no small feat. How many of us have become trapped in the same-old-black-sweater routine as we’ve waited patiently for warmer weather to break us from the drab color rut? This season, break out a little early with crisp, clean winter white. Ranging from stark-snow to almost-cream, this statement color is fresh, ethereal and downtown chic all at once. For dramatic results, select a focal piece and pop it against a darker monochromatic look. White after labor day? Abso-fashion-lutely!
1. Donna Karan Casual Luxe Asymmetrical Dress with Velvet Trim ($1781),
available at Shopbop.
2. Michael Kors Acrylic-Strap Glitz Mini Madison Watch ($225 USD), available at Neiman Marcus.
3. Bow-Tie Blouse ($24), available at Joe Fresh.
4. Cashmere Cascade Sweater ($328), available at J.Crew.
5. Drape Front Coat ($1150), available at Burberry.
6. Salvatore Ferragamo Leather Clutch ($1054.95), available at Saks Fifth Avenue.
By: Elizabeth Pryde, Vancouver
You should follow me on Twitter @elizabethpryde.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.