What is the thought process behind H&M’s much anticipated collaboration with Versace? We’ll let Donatella sum it up herself. She told Huffington Post in an interview: “All these people reacting to what was in the archives — Gaga, the people in London, the young kids in the office — they’re 25 years old, they’re obsessed… But they don’t know the whole story. So we did a best of Versace for H&M, a greatest hits, from the beginning until now.”
Landing at H&M stores on November 17th, the collection features some of Versace’s signature designs – each look as bold and sexy as we would expect from the Italian powerhouse. With the inclusion of studded leather, lamé dresses, neon colours, silk jumpsuits, structured jackets and tropical prints, we can certainly attest to the fact that Donatella Versace has once again outdone herself. This isn’t your usual “be wary of expiry date” collection. Versace has always had a knack for creating pieces that are undeniably cool and unique, while still keeping things classic and timeless. The H&M designer collaboration is no exception; and luckily for us, the prices are as fabulous as the clothes!
1. Lamé Dress ($237 CAD).
2. Pink Studded mini dress ($205 CAD), and leather necklace ($47 CAD).
3. Silk dress ($126 CAD) and leggings ($39 CAD).
4. Leather studded mini dress ($179 CAD).
5. Silk top ($63 CAD), silk skirt ($110 CAD) and leather bike jacket ($236 CAD).
6. Sequined T-shirt dress ($110).
7. Silk bustier ($110 CAD), silk trouser ($63 CAD), and pink sandals ($110).
8. Black silk mini dress ($126 CAD).
9. Black body-conscious cutout dress ($126 CAD).
10. Yellow silk mini dress ($205 CAD) and printed handbag ($138).
By: Sophia Loffreda, Montreal
You should follow me on Twitter @sloffreda.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.