What do Twiggy, Edie Sedgwick and Foxy Brown (We’re talking Beyonce in her Austin Powers garb) have in common? Not only are they mod style icons but they can also work a killer frock!
The sixties are back this fall and it’s groovy baby! Think short straight-lined dresses, cute tunics, swing coats, minis and tall boots. Key elements are bold colours, geometric prints and big buttons. Don’t forget to complete the look with some over-the-top black eye makeup.
The times were all about being fun and fabulous. In our opinion, that kind of mentality should never go out of style! So let these looks inspire you to free your inner mod girl. You might even find yourself shimmying along to the Beatles’ “Twist and Shout”.
1. Style Inspiration: Prada Fall 2011 Collection. Image courtesy of Style.com.
2. Valentino Tall Python Boot ($2395), at Neiman Marcus
3. Mango Straight Cut Shift Dress ($94.90)
5. OPI Nail Lacquer in “Mod About You” ($10), at hair and nail salons
6. H&M Stripe Cardigan ($49.95)
7. Jenny Jenny Tassel Earrings ($34), at Farfetch
8. Zara Sequin Coat ($179)
By: Sophia Loffreda, Montreal
You should follow me on Twitter @sloffreda.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.