With the start of fall comes the usual runway affair with everything textured, decadent, and warm. Who could blame us? After summer’s strong rays and chlorinated waters, our skin just wants to be pampered. This season, fabrics are all about LUXURY!
Models were working silk, leather, velvet, faux-furs, and animal print (including some envious python in the footwear department). Is it old world fever, due to shows like Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, or Pan Am floating around in our subconscious? Or is it just the fashion world’s antidote to the faltering stock market? Either way, were all for looking and feeling like a million dollars – even if the look costs you less than $200.
Images courtesy of Style.com
1. Julia Nobis walking for Michael Kors Fall RTW 2011
2. Mark Fast for Danier Fall RTW 2011 Lookbook
3. Jourdan Dunn for Ralph Lauren Fall RTW 2011
4. Karmen Pedaru for Chloé Fall RTW 2011
6. H&M leather jacket ($59.95) and leather trousers ($29.95).
7. American Apparel velvet long sleeve mini dress ($52.00).
8. Mango silk bow top ($99.90) and faux-leather trousers ($89.90).
9. Zara snakeskin print blazer ($79.90).
10. Zara snakeskin print trousers ($49.90).
By: Sophia Loffreda, Montreal
You should follow me on Twitter @sloffreda.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.