It’s old news that we should try to buy local as much as possible when it comes to our food, so why not do the same for our clothing? While outfitting your spring wardrobe this year try to seek out threads by Canadian designers. From established brands like Joe Fresh to young up-and-comers like sisters Chloé and Parris Gordon, it’s easier than ever to support Canada’s burgeoning fashion industry. Don’t forget to join FLARE as they “Wear Canada” on March 29.
1.Silk Shift Dress by Amanda Lew Kee, $495, available at Jacflash
2. Strapless Dress by Chloé Comme Parris (jacket not included), $815, available at UPC Boutique
3. Exposed Zipper Chiffon Blouse by Attitude, $17.94, available at Sears
4. Striped T-Shirt Dress, $19, available at Joe Fresh
5. Ashley Rowe silk tie-dye dress, $275, available at RAC Boutique
6. Iris Blouse by Dace, $180, available at dace.ca
By: Sara Constantineau, Toronto
You should follow me on Twitter @sara_rochelle.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.