Striving to look professional sometimes leads to snooze-worthy fashion. If your 9-5 uniform is putting you to sleep, inject some drama into your day with the quintessential work dress. When you’re not worried about competing separates it’s easy to look put together with virtually no effort, which is perfect for blurry-eyed early mornings. Add visual interest with subtle ruffles, lace and pops of colour. To keep things office-appropriate, avoid skinny straps, too-short hemlines and flimsy fabrics.
1. Irene Dress, $295, available at Teenflo
2. Sheer On Top Dress, $58, available at Kensie
3. Belted Soutache Lace Dress, $2,595, available at Michael Kors
4. Layla Leather Dress by Rag & Bone, $999, available at Jonathan + Olivia
5. Silk Ruffle Layer Dress, $84.99, available at Banana Republic
6. Tailored Shirt Dress, $298, available at BCBG MaxAzria
By: Sara Constantineau, Toronto
You should follow me on Twitter @sara_rochelle.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.