Picking favourite fashion collections is like choosing among your children. Could you select a single designer to fill your entire wardrobe for the remainder of your life? This was the question I kept in mind as I browsed through the shows. It would be simply ludicrous to choose among Burberry, Chanel, Prada, Gucci or Chloe. Perhaps the following can be attributed to “a selection” of highlights from London and Milan.
1. Who doesn’t love Burberry Prorsum? The colour, the craftsmanship, and the coats – oh my! I have my eye on a gorgeous wool coat with amazing leather buckle closures (see photo).
2. Mark Fast is nothing short of amazing. Not only is he Canadian, but he also designs the most impeccable, intricate clothing. His entire collection is a must-see.
3. My love of leather and boyfriend silhouettes have been perfectly incarnated at the Acne show. Badass leather biker skirts with basics are effortless and cool.
4. When I think of Milan, I think pure luxury. Gucci satiated my love of opulence with ultra-chic fox trimmings, rich colour, texture and gorgeous accessories.
5. Gianfranco Ferre was sleek, modern and feminine. I love the architectural lines in the collection, juxtaposed against classic pieces.
6. The designers at Salvatore Ferragamo may have created a collection in black and gray, but the pieces are beautifully designed. Pinstripes, a touch of eighties flair and luxe textures are key elements.
By: Valerie Tiu, Vancouver
All photos courtesy of Style.com.
Twitter me this: what were your favourites from NY, London and Milan? @valerietiu
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.