Back to school signifies a time to get back into the grind, but for me, the highlight of this season is undoubtedly the quest for new gear. My list of school supplies includes binders, boots, textbooks, trousers, an agenda, and accessories. Of course, a few other additions may help to ease the mind come midterms. Some of my favourite must have items for back school:
1. The preppy-urban look is great for fall. Think clean lines, simple cuts and boyish silhouettes. Urban Outfitters Fall 2010 Catalogue. Photo courtesy of Urban Outfitters.
2. Socks are the “it” accessory of the season. Wear them high, low, layered, textured or patterned with fall shorts and skirts.American Apparel Thigh High Socks ($15).
3. A classic, crisp button blouse or tunic is the perfect piece. Try it tucked into your favourite trousers or wear loosely for a casual feel. BB Dakota Wiley Tunic ($88), available at Urban Outfitters.
4. This Cooperative Corduroy Suspender Skirt ($38) from Urban Outfitters is the ideal transitional piece. Pair it with tights for chilly days, or wear it with socks and killer brogues.
5. My favourite part about September is the return of layering. Top off your ensemble with this Ribbed Jacket from American Apparel ($74).
6. Us fashionistas will never miss an assignment deadline, thanks to our friend Marc. Marc by Marc Jacobs Watch ($225), at Revolve Clothing.
7. Backpacks are hip again! Love the vintage military style of this piece by Fossil ($148).
8. Brogues are practical and stylish. Mix these babies with trousers or layered with a cool pair of socks. Bertie Fringe Brogues ($126), available at ASOS.
9. Be the trendiest Apple nerd with iPad cases from Neiman Marcus ($140).
10. As a bona fide fashion fiend, I feel it necessary to have notebooks in every colour (to match my outfit, of course!). Horchow Metallic Leather Notebooks ($85), available at Horchow Online.
By: Valerie Tiu, Vancouver
This post is from christielohr.com.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.