Ride the Orient express this season and travel to ancient empires to celebrate Eastern origins for a movement that embraces the Far East. Designers ushered in the year of the dragon with textiles, motifs and adornments that rang true to Chinese nobility. Fall’s exotic mood and strong theme is rich in embroidery with ornamentation in traditional Asian influences like prominent florals, birds, fish and noble dragons for impact prints that were both beautiful and contemporary. Take cues from reigning style Emperor, Jason Wu, who sent blossoming opulent brocades and printed silks down the runway alongside gilded accents and shanghai tassels for a charming and elegant taste of the trend. This season visions of stunning geishas and brave samurais dancing along the Silk Road can be made true with luxurious fabrics and vibrant prints that add a touch of seductive glamour with Empress-worthy extras like mandarin collars and kimono details. No longer is the art of noble dressing an ancient Chinese secret.
1. Style Inspiration: Jason Wu Fall 2012 Ready-to-Wear collection, image courtesy of Style.com
2. Topshop Silk Dress, $185
3. Balenciaga Kimono Belt Felt Trousers, $530, available at Matches
4. Swarovski Sheila Ring, $170
5. Etro Embellished Buckle Belt, $390, available at Stylebop
6. Pink Tartan Peplum Top, $295, available at eLuxe
7. Jenny Jenny Tassle Earrings
8. Dries van Noten Printed Skirt, $320, available at Browns Fashion
9. Kotur Mango Minaudiere, $450, available at Shirise
10. Anna Dello Russo for H&M, $40
11. Charlotte Olympia Starla Shoes, $1,185
By: Megan Correia, Toronto
You should follow me on Twitter @MeganAlyssaC.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.