There is something oh-so refreshing about seventies style that appeals to the modern woman. Perhaps after recent years of all that was tight, short and studded, us fashion folk needed a breath of fresh air. Styles that evoke a seventies vibe offer a sense of freedom and liberation from our usually restrictive wardrobes. Think free-flowing dresses, loose draping, fuller, longer silhouettes and of course, killer platform heels to complete the look.
1. Seventies style inspiration: Badgley Mischka Spring 2011, Photo courtesy of NY Mag.
2. Go seventies boho chic with a classic floppy felt topper. Catarzi hat (Approx. $50) at ASOS.
3. Make like Lennon with a classic pair of round shades. Oliver Peoples Iconic Riley Sunglasses ($385).
4. Finish your seventies ensemble with a great pair of platform heels – perfect for the upcoming season! Dolce Vita The Jade ($180) at Solestruck.
5. A sheer blouse is super easy to wear. Just tuck it into a comfy pair of wide leg trousers for a retro-cool look. Pins and Needles Chiffon Tunic ($59), available at Urban Outfitters.
6. Channel a seventies goddess with long silhouettes, like maxi dresses and one-piece suits a la Halston. Mink Pink Maxi Dress ($105), at Revolve Clothing.
7. Don’t let the terms “flared” and “bell-bottom” scare you. High-waisted, wide leg bottoms are the new must-have pants that you will be living in this year. Current/Elliot High Rise Bell Flared Jeans ($219), at Net-a-Porter.
By: Valerie Tiu, Vancouver
You should follow me on Twitter @valerietiu.
This post is from christielohr.com.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.