|Date Posted||Oct 05, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (0016)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
Raw Materials Team
Create industry leading, high quality, innovative, functional performance raw materials in collaboration with Sourcing & Supplier Partners. Transform design concepts into reality, research new technologies/solutions, and develop fabrics, trims, colour & prints that surprise & delight the guest while meeting quality and compliance standards.
a day in the life of a VP of Raw Materials
• Direct, lead & inspire a technical team who specialize in fabrics, trims, yarns, colour & prints; elevate the team with education, learning & development, and a collaborative work environment. Provide the team with vision, leadership, and direction to build premium product.
• Overall ownership for leading and management of the Raw Materials processes. Partner with Design leadership to initiate and influence strategic decision making that will drive the business forward.
• Driving a global fabric trend direction for the brand through insight from international trade shows, Athlete insight and seasonal fashion trends
• Provide direction & ensure execution of the Raw Material strategy.
• Partner with Design, Merchandising, Sourcing, Whitespace and Brand leaders to set clear direction & goals to create & own premium performance materials that differentiate our products in the market.
• Responsible for performance results across the team, reporting progress of key performance indicators, mitigating risk, and communicating key information to drive business success.
• Develop and lead the raw material road map and support the strategic sourcing plan for multiple categories, including Women’s, Men’, ivivva, Outerwear and Accessories.
• Hire, coach, and develop a quality and industry leading Textile/Raw Materials team.
• Collaborate with Design to ensure that sourcing strategies meet current and future business needs.
• Develop and manage vendor, regional, and cross-functional partnerships. Provide strategic direction to managers regarding the product costing process. Provide strategic oversight for category budget. Manage strategic cost negotiations and support sourcing discovery.
• Develop and manage relationships with key supplies to continuously elevate Raw Material Development & Costing while ensuring suppliers are delivering on best in class quality & delivery performance.
The finer print
• Bachelors degree or higher in textile science, chemical engineering or related field
• 10-15 years of apparel industry experience in textiles, non-materials, and/or colour.
• Proven experience leading a team and business strategies; 7-10 years management experience
• Traveled to and worked on site with manufacturers around the world
• Strong knowledge of supply chain operations
• Team player, knowledge of x-functional team accountabilities and requirements
• computer skills (Excel, Adobe Illustrator, PLM software, Microsoft office applications and Outlook). Understanding of product creation calendar; ability to work with timelines.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.