|Date Posted||Jul 23, 2018|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The Fit and Spec Technician will work closely with the Creative Director, Product Director and Pattern Maker. The prime responsibility will be to develop cads based off the direction from the Creative Director as well as, ensure all garments produced satisfy quality standards in terms of fit, construction, detailing and workmanship.
• Execute technical cads from designer’s concepts and creative direction
• From concept through to production, all developing specs need to meet the required aesthetic and fit intent, from original samples, sketches or photo direction provided by Creative Director and Product Director.
• Collaborate with designer and design team to obtain clear direction and consensus on design aesthetic, fit intent and construction
• Effectively communicate fit intent, balance and construction to vendors via fit notes, diagrams, and digital photos, tech packs and spec sheets.
• Evaluate garment to determine compliance of fit, spec and construction from initial fit sample through production fit approval.
• Maintain size and fit consistency within assigned product categories through consistency in measurements, construction, grade rules and tolerances.
• Identify potential production, quality, costing, and design issues and make appropriate recommendations while maintaining Brand aesthetic
• Lead competitive fit/construction analysis and apply learning
• Review established size sets for styles and products
• Participate in fit sessions
• Develop technical cads – flat sketches
• Attend model fittings and take detailed FIT measurements, enter specs and grading
• Develop and maintain tech packs / spec sheets
• Develop and correct production size specifications on tech packs
• Work with the production and sales departments to produce the best possible fits/designs for our customers
• Have 3 + years’ experience as a Fit Technician, taking FIT measurements, inspecting garments, etc.
• Be detail oriented
• Have a diploma in a fashion related field
• Have excellent knowledge of garment construction, fit and grading
• Understand sewing/patterns
• Work well independently but most importantly as part of a team
• Expertise in patternmaking, fit development and grading for multiple product types.
• Knowledge of textiles
• Knowledge of garment construction standards and manufacturing methods
• Knowledge of PAD or Gerber System is a bonus
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve
• Advanced computer skills, including PLM, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office Suite is a must
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
To search and apply to more fashion jobs, design jobs, stylist jobs, fashion pr jobs, fashion internships and more, visit