|Date Posted||Oct 16, 2017|
|Job Type||Part Time|
If you have an exceptional eye for detail and a talent for creating finely finished, intricate work, this make be the opportunity for you!
Based in our sunny, “open kitchen” style studio, you’ll assist in daily business activities within our small team, including, but not limited to:
• Tagging, packaging, preparing products for shipment or inventory
• Creation of small accessories – jewellery, hair accessories, sashes/belts
• Wire-wrapped hand-made accessories
• Hand-set crystal stones using glue or 2-part setting materials
• Hand-sewn accessories
• Support veil production team with folding/bagging/tagging veils or other duties as needed.
• Maintaining studio in a neat, clean and orderly manner
This is a part-time role,1-2 days/week, suitable for internship to fulfill work study/co-op hours for a college program; or as a paid part-time role.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to apply recently learned skills from a college millinery or fashion program and build on them in a real-world setting with a focus on accessories, or an experienced maker looking for an ongoing part-time gig.
Desired Attributes & Skills:
• Outgoing, helpful, self-starter with a can-do attitude
• Efficient and results-oriented. Production in a wholesale setting means carefully balancing quality while maximizing productivity
• Coachable- you easily accept constructive criticism and are eager to learn
• Excellent visual and manual dexterity for colour, size, shape- we work with many different components and you must be able to easily tell them apart
• Above average attention to detail. This work involves prolonged focus on intricate, made to order designs. You must be able to devote your entire attention while at work, eliminating distractions such as mobile devices
• Flexible and adaptable. This is a small, entrepreneurial environment with many moving parts. Success on our team means “going with the flow” in sometimes unpredictable or ambiguous circumstances
• Good communication skills to speak, read, write, and understand English
• Customer-focused with pride of ownership in all you do
• Great inter-personal skills, positive mindset and a team-player
• The ideal candidate has experience with some or all of the following: wire-wrapped jewellery, strung bead jewellery, hand-set glued crystal jewellery, hand-sewing, beading, millinery, bridal accessories
• The ideal candidate has knowledge of beading and jewellery making tools and materials.
Sound like you?
We’d love to talk!
• Start the party with a 200 or so word letter explaining why you’re interested in this role, your specific related experience and why you make a great fit.
As a specialized niche business, we’re used to training candidates on the job, so the essential component is fit.
Your cover letter helps us understand more about who you are, which is equally, if not more important than your resume!
• Include days/times of week you’re available. Schedule can be flexible for the right candidate, but ideally, we are looking for candidates available to work shifts of a minimum 4-6 hours long, 2-3 days/week moving into the New Year
• Desired hourly wage. Do you want to use this for unpaid co-op/work study hours for a post-secondary program, a part-time role, or both- let us know this important information!
• Last, but not least- an up to date resume with all the 411 on who you are, what you’ve done, and where we can get in touch with you.