|Date Posted||Oct 31, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Our Mission is to build a successful company through the creation of a leading designer brand. By conducting ourselves in an efficient and courteous manner and by maintaining Ted’s high standards and integrity, we pride ourselves in always being in a position to satisfy the needs of our customer. In order to protect the ethos and persona for which we have gained an enviable reputation, we always ask ourselves the question: ‘Would Ted do it that way?’
The S t o r e Managers role is to lead the location achievement of KPI‟s creating an exemplary customer environment and motivating the team to achieve excellence. To be accountable for driving the business forward and be an inspirational ambassador of Ted who understands and promotes the company “Mission Statement” and “Vision”
Roles and responsibilities
• Display confident leadership, effectively using the team to achieve excellence
• Work with integrity and respect for others; create excellent team participation and ensure the team and location are presented to the highest standards
• Take ownership of your personal learning to enhance your development, positively impacting that of the team and location.
• Execute consistent Ted’s School of Excellence (TSE) training and standards. Ensure the delivery of all company trainings to ensure the team are up to date and knowledgeable.
• Accountable for the effective coaching, developing and appraising of the team using a flexible but consistent approach to differing people and situations. Understanding the impact on the team and locations' performance.
• Appropriately document and manage underperformance sharing these matters with the Area Manager and Coach Station.
• Display high levels of personal motivation and implement effective incentives to inspire and drive the team
• Proactively identify and resolve recruitment needs, through a high level of team understanding, effective succession planning and networking.
• Use Company tools to effectively on-board New To Ted’s (NTTs) and New to Position’s (NTPs)
• Hold regular management meetings to review business and plan ahead
• Drive the use of all available tools to support yours and the team’s product knowledge.
• Develop and inform team members on up to date product knowledge and report regularly on customer reactions, performance and opportunities to maximize sales and increase customer loyalty.
• Be accountable for and educate team members on effective implementation of merchandising guidelines, replenishment procedures and housekeeping standards to ensure that Ted is always represented at the highest level.
• Have a comprehensive understanding of stock routines, product types, stock holding, and stock management so that the floor is driven commercially at all times, liaising with VM to manage product and floor moves to enhance performance
• Accountable for maximizing team sales potential and ensuring the team are expertly delivering TSE expectations
• Accountable for ensuring the team are delivering GOTFAT with enthusiasm and consistency.
• Create an effective sales environment through strong understanding of local and customer profiles and shopping behaviors coaching team to develop their knowledge and understanding.
• Accountable for coaching team members to deliver an effective and natural approach to sales, aligned to our brand
• Accountable for driving the team to achieve the location’s performance targets and KPIs
• Work to set budgets and effectively manage the controllable elements of the store’s profit and loss.
• Generate marketing opportunities within the brand guidelines and drive success of all brand promotions ensuring that all of the team are informed and involved in the activities in the location
• Accountable for driving the team to actively achieve the location’s „Data Capture‟ targets, promoting the use of database building and social media awareness within the team
• Build and maintain awareness of our competitors and local markets sharing any relevant findings with your Area Manager and Senior Retail team.
• Comprehensive knowledge and interpretation of location actuals, targets and KPIs and develop commercial actions to deliver on these.
• Excellent awareness, communication and effective time management of all company directives.
• Proactively delegate tasks ensuring they are completed on time and in line with company policy and procedures.
• Accountable for team awareness and implementation of company health and safety procedures. Use equipment properly and immediately report any potentially unsafe conditions.
• Accountable for team awareness and implementation of all loss prevention measures and protects the assets of the company by immediately reporting any misuse or theft of Company property to Manager/Area Manager
• Accountable for accurate cash handling and banking procedures highlighting and resolving discrepancies as a matter of priority
• Deliver all daily operations in line with Ted’s operating policies and procedures
Ted’s Core Competencies
• Satisfy the needs of our customer, always
• Pursue growth and opportunities through initiative and proactivity
• Build open and honest relationships with clear communication
• Create a positive team environment, encourage collaboration
• Be proud, passionate, motivated, committed
• Take ownership, be accountable
• Encourage organization, high standards and efficiencies
Getting Green with Ted...
We are always looking for ways to reduce the amount of Carbon, Water and Waste that we produce as a business, and to add sustainability into every decision made within Ted Baker. You role will incorporate reducing Ted’s impact on the Environment and you will be instrumental in helping us make the business
that bit more sustainable.
The role of Store Manager will be actively Green in:
• Due diligence in the care of props and products to ensure longevity and minimal waste
• Lights, plug sockets, monitors and phone chargers all use power; Switch them off
• Thinking sustainable – What is it made of? Where does it come from?
How is it packed?
• Recycling use of paper and products.