|Date Posted||Jan 12, 2018|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Salary: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (0113)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
Reporting to the Vice President of Sourcing, the Sourcing Manager will be the product expert for lululemon sourcing. He/She will develop and maintain the source plan pod specific for short, mid and long term basis in accordance to global sourcing strategy. They will develop factory relationships to develop capabilities aligned with their POD to deliver quality products in a timely, consistent manner. The Sourcing Manager will develop plans and strategies that will address POD specific margin goals. In addition, this role will require both domestic and international travel.
We are the Sourcing Department. We manage the relationship with our apparel & accessories vendors & ensure that lululemon has best in the world manufacturers. We work cross-functionally across the entire product team to ensure product meets our business strategy, quality & cost goals. We then work with our vendors to make those products a reality.
A day in the life of a Sourcing Manager
• This position will manage all sourcing lead and analyst, develop and mentor them.
• Negotiate and confirm garment F.O.B pricing for assigned category/line on a timely basis that meet or exceed lululemon’s IMU goals and Pod IMU Goals
• Maintain seasonal global gross pricing margin report for assigned category/line at each note GTM Gate out lined in the process map.
• Development of seasonal costing strategy. Communication of costing status to cross functional teams to develop solutions to improve the pricing margin during seasonal commercialization times in accordance with the GTM calendar.
• Work closely with specific POD Design, Raw Materials, Development and Merchandising to anticipate future garment technologies and trends. Develop capabilities with existing factories.
• Build strong, lasting relationships with vendors & cross-functional teams to help foster an environment of partnership & trust..
• Be a leader, lead projects around process efficiency, costing tools, capability improvements, sourcing strategy etc.
• Track all liabilities weekly and inform stakeholders in timely manner.
• Be a resource in the SSC supporting the LLO as needed
• Ensure that all seasonal calendar timelines are met
• On-board new vendors successfully
• This position will work one 4-hour shift per quarter on the retail floor
The finer print
• You have over 7-10 years’ experience working closely & building relationships with off-shore manufacturers
• You have 8+ years’ experience in the apparel manufacturing process & are familiar with operating principles such as LEAN, ISO & Continuous Improvement
• You have visited countless factories & have a keen eye for quality, compliance & process optimization
• You 5+ years’ experience managing subordinates & thrive on coaching, & providing feedback for growth
• You are a multi-task master & can handle multiple projects working with a variety of cross-functional partners
• You love to travel
• You have no problem getting your hands dirty & negotiating face to face
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.