|Date Posted||Oct 12, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (0016)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
SVP Design, Women’s
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier, more fun lives.
As the SVP of Design, Women’s at lululemon, you lead the design function for the Women’s business creating world class athletic apparel that is acknowledged as leading in innovation, design, function, fit and quality. You will bring the creative vision of the EVP, Creative Director to life and lead a design team in creating a line from inception of ideas to production of garments. Passionate about people, you are an inspiring leader who develops their talent to reach their full potential. You thrive in facilitating a team culture of creativity and collaboration to best serve our guest.
a day in the life of a SVP Design, Women’s
• Develop, inspire & coach a high-level of talent to drive and execute on company goals in a design led business. Provide sound leadership in a fast-paced, high growth entrepreneurial environment and design led company.
• A master at enrolling designers and cross functional partners in executing your vision, you elevate and innovate our product, creating a roadmap and strategy for the line.
• Fully responsible for product that is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy by providing thought leadership on the Women’s business.
• Partner with Merchandising to build a strategy of how to grow our mainline business as well as push forward key innovations.
• Ensure that the overarching strategy and creative direction is incorporated into the design execution.
• Collaborate deeply with brand and ecommerce teams to ensure Women’s product strategy is brought to life.
• You are acutely aware of how the line is currently performing in stores; you action feedback for continual innovation of product.
The finer print
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in a high growth organization with a solid design background. He/she will bring a broad business orientation and key competencies including strong collaborative and coaching skills, strategic and creative vision, and analytical skills enhanced by intuitive consumer insight.
Specific experiences would include:
• Bachelor’s degree in fashion design, merchandising, marketing or related field, masters preferred
• 10-15 years global apparel industry experience
• Performance/active wear experience and knowledge of technical fabrics is highly desirable, along with at least 10 years’ experience in design, product development, multichannel and international exposure.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a management position with increasing responsibility, VP level experience preferred
• Expert knowledge of garment construction, patterning, textiles, sewing techniques and technology applications.
• Natural ability to oversee and lead the team in the design and development of product, ensuring commercial viability with Commercialization and Merchandising.
• Proven track record in hiring, developing and mentoring teams to accomplish stretch goals. Able to attract, motivate and retain first class talent with a particular emphasis on nurturing creative talent.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.