|Date Posted||May 28, 2019|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Salary: $90,000.00 - $130,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (5243)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Who we are
Lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team
The Senior Colour Design role sits within the Concept Design Org. Our goal is to elevate the Lululemon product with a focus on the art and the science of colour to create a compelling consumer experience at retail. This team will drive colour excellence through the connection of design, development and manufacturing.
A day in the life:
· Colour expert. Well informed of current colour trends, art, fashion, design and sport related products through market research to keep ahead of consumer needs.
· Drives the category colour direction, strategy and application.
· Influences global seasonal palette with category insights and forecasts colour needs.
· Experience in colour technology and how to achieve colour, create effects on materials through dye techniques, and finishes.
· Continuously advances product process and design skills, keeping abreast of technology, reflective of an expert design professional.
· Collaborates with x-functional teams; merchandizing, product design and development, and fellow concept designers in print and textures, to bring the seasonal colour direction to life.
· Builds and presents compelling narrative and inspiring seasonal colour direction to varying audiences.
· Could mentor and coach colour designers.
• BA, BFA or BS in Design required, MA desired.
• 8+ Years experience in the Fashion/athleisure apparel design industry
• 4+ Years experience in colour and concept for the Fashion/athleisure design industry
• 6+ years fluent in Adobe suite, Photo shop, Illustrator and Indesign.
· Proven work ethic with the utmost integrity.
· Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature.
· Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
· Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
· Lives in possibility and enrolls, inspires and motivates others.
· Self-motivated, passionate, empathetic and fun!
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.